Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Long Time No Talk!

WOOOW! How depressing! I haven't updated my blog since i got back from outreach in 2010! Yikes!

Well, I'll start of with lifting up Papa's name because HE IS SOOOOOO AMAZING!!!!

Abba! You are so good. Thank you for your guidance and direction. Thank you for showing me your path. Papa, I thank you that you have given me your wisdom and love. You know my heart, and I praise your name because you are so faithful and you love me so incredibly much that you have given me my hearts desires!! Papa, thank you for showing me honesty and faith. For giving me courage and making me strong in your image. Papa, I pray that you make me more like you everyday! Make me whole. Provide for me with your love so that I can show others your love. Papa, I love you. Thank you FATHER, for loving me.... 

Okay!!! So! An update.... Well for one thing... I AM ENGAGED TO THE MOST AMAZING MAN ON THIS PLANET AND I AM MADLY IN LOVE WITH HIM! 

Well, that takes care of that.... HA! Just kidding :) Where to even begin with the love of my life :) His name is Stuart Smith and he is the man of my prayers :) The Lord has truly given me a man that will love me for the rest of my days and a man that I will love forever! Although somewhat sappy, as Tom Cruise would say, "He completes me." I could go on about my Stuart for days but one very important thing to ask all of you, is to pray for us.

Right now I am staffing again in Kailua Kona, except this time, I am staffing a DTS (Discipleship Training School). I will be leading a team of 6 (7 including myself) to India/Nepal for 73 days total. We will be flying in to Mumbai India, staying there for 2 weeks to do a bit of cultural studies, and then from there, my team and I will be taking a train from Mumbai, all the way to Gorahkpur, which is the boarder of India and Nepal, then from there, we will take a bus from Gorahkpur, all the way to Kathmandu. Yes, you read it right, I will be partaking in once again, an EPIC road trip! 
During this time, my team and I will be working with street kids, planting churches, building relationships with the Nepalese tribes, working in the red light districts with sex trafficking and prostitution, and sharing the love of Christ with the people of Nepal. 

The reason I ask for prayer for Stuart and I, is because right now, as I staff this DTS, he is a student of a DTS in Townsville Australia. God has called us both to the mission field, and has shown us exactly where He wants us at this time. Although we are apart, Papa is preparing us in a deeper way that will bind us together forever. He is preparing our hearts, minds, bodies, and spirits for one another. Papa has a huge plan for us as a couple. We have already been apart for just under 2 months and we have 4 months left without seeing one another. As you could imagine, this is incredibly difficult for the both of us to be apart, as we both are growing so much in the Lord. But, we know that God has brought us to a place of maturing and growing in our relationship with Him first, so that our relationship with one another, can be stronger then ever. 
I have to say, that God has already done SO much in our lives and every second of every day, we grow more and more in love with one another because of the things God is doing. He has broken down so many walls and so many insecurities that without God, they would have never been revealed. PRAISE YOU PAPA! FOR YOU ARE GOOD!
We just ask you as brothers and sisters in the Lord, that you will come with us on this journey of a life time, and join us in prayer. Pray that the Lord will show His will for us, that He will show himself to us in ways that we still have yet to discover, that we will be able to go deeper then ever before, in this relationship with our amazing Papa, and with one another. Please also pray for our outreaches; We will not be able to contact one another very often so pray for complete patience and no distractions. Also pray for safety and unity in both of our teams, both of the places we will be going are very unique in their culture, so pray for wisdom and guidance. By the way, Stuart will be sailing to Papa New Guinea on the Mercy Ministry Ship. 
You can also check out his blog 
 http://lovefuriously.blogspot.com

Well, I know this blog has already been a bit long but I just really wanted to give you an update of what's going on in my life since it's been much too long. 

I just wanted to thank you all who have blessed me with your love and support. You have no idea how thankful I am for all of you. Know that i pray blessings over you daily, and that God is doing miraculous things. 

I am making a promise to you all to be more diligent and to continue updating you on this journey I am on. 

Thank you so much for reading.

I love you all,
Emily


The Love of my Life



1 comment:

  1. Hi Em,

    I'm sitting here reading this post and grinning ear-to-ear. So happy for both you and for Stuart! So proud to call you both family.

    Love,
    Phil

    ReplyDelete